When you get to college, you’ll have special programs available to you as a current or former foster youth. These are just some of them – find out what’s available at your campus!
Guardian Scholars supports former foster youth with things like:
- Help accessing financial aid – some programs offer grants and scholarship packages to cover tuition and living expenses.
- Housing – at some schools, Guardian Scholars have priority housing.
- Academic Advice – help choosing and registering for classes.
- Counseling, Tutoring – a counselor to develop an education plan.
- Other Supports – child care, transportation, book vouchers, etc.
To search for support programs at your school, visit CA College Pathways
EOP and EOP&S:
If you are going to a University of California (UC) school or a California State University (CSU) campus, look for programs called EOP or EOP&S. Both are for low-income students and provide a lot of support, including:
- Admission counseling
- Academic advising
- Peer mentoring
- Student success workshops
- Graduation preparation