The Children’s Law Center has a program that can match you with another young adult who has been in foster care. Your peer advocate can help you figure out how extended foster care to age 21 works. To find out about peer advocates, visit clccal.org/youth/peeradvocate or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Advocates help with:
- Answering your questions about Extended Foster Care (AB 12)
- Advocating for you in court
- Re-entering foster care
- Information about housing (THP+FC & SILPs)
- Peer support at youth meetings and conferences
- Employment and job training
- Peer consulting for family planning and healthy relationships
- Identifying community resources and connections
About the Children’s Law Center of California
Children’s Law Center of California (CLC) is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides legal representation for tens of thousands of children impacted by abuse and neglect. To learn more, visit clccal.org.